Friday 12 August 2011

Inspired 06 : Architecture

This 'Inspired' blog post is dedicated to showcasing some fantastic architectural photography. 

I've been away over the last few weeks, which is why I've been a little quiet. When I came back I was greeted by the destruction of the recent London Riots. I was in Brixton on the first night the riots had spread from Tottenham and at the time we weren't aware how bad it had become and didn't know rioting had started in Brixton. We came out of the station and the streets were a complete mess, there were police officers lined up blocking roads and people were smashing shop windows and running down the street stuffing stolen clothes into suitcases. It certainly didn't feel like I was in my home country anymore. Kudos to the police and the people who helped try to stop this shameful behavior. If anyone is in an affected area, follow @riotcleanup on Twitter for useful info about where to help and how the cleanup is going. They also had some great #cleanupanthems the other day, which is sure to put a smile on your face!


Someone mentioned arcitechture photography in a reply to a tweet I sent on Twitter (thanks @fst0pped !) so I decided to feature architecture to remind ourselves of the beauty in this kind of photography after so many buildings have been destroyed - not just in the UK but all over the world in recent current events.



I hope you enjoy these images as much as I do and that they can provide you with inspiration one way or another.
Please show the artists some love. View the images larger by clicking the name to go directly to the artists page.

No comments:

Post a Comment